MONVA, S.A. was founded in 1972 and became MONVA, S.L. in October 2006, giving shape to an agricultural tradition that dates back through several generations of the Montabes family, dedicated to producing Extra Virgin Olive Oil and later to packaging it under its own brands.
Food Safety, Quality and Environmental protection are essential for MONVA’s competitiveness and, therefore, for its survival. Monva’s Senior Management has established this Management Policy as a reference framework in which all the company’s activities must be carried out in order to guarantee customers and stakeholders receive the benefits of the commitment acquired by MONVA through its Integrated Management and Food Safety systems.
The organization complies with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015, IFS v. 6, as well as with other legal requirements applicable to MONVA, such as the regulations of the «Sierra Mágina» Designation of Origin Regulation and the «Sierra Mágina» API (Integrated Production Association), which are also certified in Integrated Olive Grove Production. All these standards, in their current edition, are printed on hard copy in the Quality Department and are available upon request.
This policy is suitable for the Organization’s purpose and context, backs up its strategic management, and is consistent with the scope of the Management System:
Production of Virgin and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Packaging of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sale of Bulk Olive Oil.
The Management Policy is based on the following principles:
- Quality means meeting customers’ needs and expectations, both externally and internally. Everybody at MONVA is, at the same time, a supplier and a customer for somebody else, meaning we should strive to meet all our customers’ needs and expectations and receive the same treatment in return, acting responsibly and efficiently in the event of any complaints, and complying with all that set out in Standard ISO 9001:2015.
- Food Safety, given that our product is based on complying with the HACCP System implemented in MONVA, together with the requirements specified in Standard IFS v.6, with strict control over the critical control points that occur and/or may occur in the manufacturing and packaging of our Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Continuous improvement of environmental management and performance, in compliance with the guidelines set out in Standard ISO 14001: 2015, through risk assessment, prevention and analysis of the root causes of all problems that have come about, rather than just detection. Based on Continuous Improvement, we strive every day to make good use of the limited resources that the environment bestows upon us, thus ensuring long-term continuity, along with a commitment to managing improvements in environmental performance.
- The decision-making process and the planning and implementation of the activities take into account the measures necessary to prevent contamination of soil, air or water, ensuring they are carried out in a manner which is respectful of the environment.
- It allows adaptation to the impacts of the company and of the specific environment it operates in.
- It guarantees compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations at national, regional and local levels, with special emphasis on legislation on air, water and waste, thus ensuring that all activities are, and will continue to be, carried out in accordance with these requirements, thus meeting the commitment to stakeholders, especially the different Administrations.
- It guarantees compliance with the legislation and regulations applicable to olive oil, food safety and organic production, thus ensuring that all products produced at Monva comply with the principles of the Codex Alimentarius and guaranteeing that these products are safe, legal and high in quality.
- It provides a series of procedures as common reference elements for quality assurance and to prevent and control pollution, both during normal operation and in the event of accidents.
- It guarantees the high hygienic condition and maintenance of our facilities, eliminating risks that could be associated with Critical Points within our System due to deficiencies in cleaning and maintenance operations.
- Training and participation of all employees is of utmost importance, both in achieving the objectives and goals set and also in improving management. Everybody at MONVA must act as a manager of the resources he or she is in charge of, guiding them towards their intended purpose. Likewise, all divisions are interrelated to ensure the traceability of the processes and products, and allow any anomaly or setback that may come about in any step or process to be detected.
- MONVA is fully aware that good internal coordination and management of the company, combined with the willing collaboration of all its employees, are required in order to achieve customer satisfaction. One of our main commitments is therefore equality and respect for the human team, making it possible for the company to function properly and achieve all its objectives.
Likewise, MONVA, S.L. is committed to the use of social responsibility as a means of improving understanding with all stakeholders interacting with it:
suppliers, partners, administrations, competitors and society in general.
- Learn from past performance, making it necessary to keep records with historical data and have the ability to analyze them and draw conclusions for the purpose of improving, dealing with non-conformities and incidents effectively in order to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Ensure product safety at all times by establishing a Crisis Management Team that will proceed in accordance with the Crisis Management and Product Recovery procedure in the event of any serious problems or food alerts.
- Ensure strict control of the review of the Management System, always taking into account the different opportunities for improvement and guaranteeing a process of continuous improvement, including advances in scientific and technical developments applicable to our industry.
Based on this Policy, Senior Management approves the Organization’s objectives and targets on a yearly basis, establishing the lines for improvement for this period. These targets are reviewed quarterly.
This Management Policy is made known to and understood by all people who work at MONVA; we must act according to these premises in order for our company to be recognized for both the high quality and food safety of the products it supplies and also for its respect for the environment, achieving a future guarantee that only leading, competitive organizations in the market can offer.
Authorized, reviewed and signed by Senior Management
FRANCISCO MONTABES VAÑÓ
Date of approval: 06/11/2017